Sunday 3 September 2017

Friday Night With Friends

So good to be back. It's been a while since I posted but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy with all things patchwork!

I traced the Anni Downs designs for her gorgeous project roll (see previous post) and am loving the simple stitching at night. I really should spend a couple of hours tracing so I've always got something to pick up. There's been many a night when I've had itchy fingers and just don't have anything prepared and it's so frustrating!!!!

Well there's really not much to show for a Friday night but you all know how slow stitching is...


While I'm here I have to show you my quilt...I worked on it for seven years!!!! I learnt a lot of embroidery stitches along the way and spent AGES cutting and piecing it all together. Last month my patchwork teacher and friend Debbie Donegan held a quilt show to celebrate ten years of her patchwork classes and my quilt was up there for all to see...so proud!


Here are some of the embroidery panels...






Thanks for visiting, I'm off to take a look at what you've been playing with lately.


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching! I love having some hand stitching prepped for those evenings when I watch TV with hubby. My hands always have to be busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work your stitcheries are lovely,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt you have finished... well done.... Yes, I like having a bunch of stitcheries traced up for pick up and sew...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a beautiful quilt. I absolutely love to see embroidery and quilting combined. It creates such a stunning finish. Thank you for sharing! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely embroidery - you should be pleased with yourself.
    Good to get some tracing organised ahead of time..its the time consuming part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely embroidery!! You really have a quilt to be proud of. And I bet you got lots of compliments at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully stitched and beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your floral stitcheries are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FNwF is all about seeing what other "friends" get up to once a month at least.
    Thanks for popping over to visit.. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in awe of your quilt . . . seven years is a long time, but you have created a treasure .
    Your newest follower, Connie:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilt. Well done for sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete