Sunday 18 June 2017

FNSI catch-up

Friday night saw my friend come over to continue working on the lovely project roll. I managed to get all of my squares together, and then over the weekend I also cut and pieced together the front section. This will feature appliques and stitcheries before being joined to the squares.


I'm very happy with it so far.

Here a few finishes too.


And my friend's...


I love them all. We've both enjoyed working on projects together on Friday evenings while the boys watch the footy. It's lovely to stitch with a friend and so much more motivating.

Heading to the show in Sydney this weekend. I keep telling myself I don't "need' anything...lets see what I come home with!

Thanks Wendy, for coordinating our Friday night get together. I hope you had fun too. Now I'm off to have a look at what everyone else got up to.

13 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful work,your project roll is looking great so far ,love those Annie Downs projects,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching and projects...you have a real Anniefest going on there! Have a great time at the show x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects.......esp the needle case....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your projects are lovely. Can't pick a favourite colour way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of the projects are quite lovely. As for not "needing" anything, unfortunately, that doesn't always stop me from buying something I fall in love with...especially if it's on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to have actual stitching partners as well as virtual! I love the button finish on your pincushions. All beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects. How nice that you stitch with your friend every week. I was doing that for awhile, but it seems to have fallen apart. Don't spend toooo much noney at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is certainly very motivating when you sew with real friends as well as cyber friends...lovely matching projects (I love matchy coordinating things)
    Enjoy the show - and maybe meeting up with friends...maybe I will make it next year...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your work Diane, those are gorgeous projects to be making. Lovely that you get to stitch with a friend in real life :-) Hope you had fun at the show - I wonder if your fingers got twitchy and you came home with some treats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally agree with you on the fun with stitching with friends! I've been sewing at retreat this weekend and it's very motivating to see what others are doing. Love your current finishes and can't wait to see your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is fun to sew with friends! Looks like you two were well motivated! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete