Saturday 8 April 2017

Friday night with friends

I had an early start yesterday and spent most of it on the machine (not my favourite!) trying to finish the periwinkle stars which sit around the central block of my Gossip in the Garden quilt. I actually started these about two and a half years ago but I really don't enjoy foundation piecing so simply left them for another day....as you do!

Well I decided to just get it over with and set myself up with talking books, podcasts, netflix - anything to keep my mind off what I was actually doing!!! Still have more to go, but definitely getting there.


Thought I was being clever using foundation papers (accuracy and all that...), next time I'll make some templates and stick to EPP - much more enjoyable!!!

After dinner my friend joined me for a night a stitching. A couple of weeks ago we decided to do a project together and chose a little needlecase from this book from Anni Downs..



We decided to throw a few little squares in there


I loved working the stitchery - so relaxing.

Last night we started putting things in place - introducing my friend to needleturn applique - she's a natural...

We didn't get too far but enjoyed the slow pace, a cup of tea (I know...wine would sound much more decadent but it gives me a headache!) and the knowledge that lots of others were at home enjoying the same...

Thanks for the night Cheryll...I always feel motivated by these virtual sew ins. Very impressive -hosting whilst on holidays! 

18 comments:

  1. Wow you had such a wonderful night you achieved alot,well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done persevering with the foundation piecing... Gossip is a lovely quilt. I love the little needlecase especially with your little blocks..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your needle case is coming along nicely...and great progress on Gossip ...good on you for persevering with the foundation piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to be able to share the evening with a like minded friend....stitching, sipping and chatting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you re the foundation piecing so well done to you! It is such a sweet little needlebook. I have made that one too. Well done to your friends applique efforts x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your centre is looking great. I also have to finish this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your center of Gossip is looking great...

    I've tried to follow you several times but it keeps coming uo Error.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is pleasant to sew with a friend, isn't it?! I had my Friday evening with a friend as well. She was making what she calls "secret writings". I forgot to get a picture of what she was doing but I'll have to show it sometime. It is very intriguing. Anyway the little needle cases look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! Gorgeous! I love making things together! It inspires us to actually finish in a timely manner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni Downs has such pretty designs, and yours is coming on nicely :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so pretty - love Annie's designs and love the fabric you chose! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done with perservering with the foundation piecing, the quilt top is lovely. The needle case design is beautiful, like how you have made it with all theose tiny squares. Lovely to have afreind to sit and sew with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good on you pulling out your Gossip in the Garden.... good idea to get yourself set up with entertainment to keep you going! And lovely that you and your friend are doing a project together - that's always so much fun. I like the fabrics you ae using for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The centre is looking great and how nice to be doing a project with a friend, lovely projects all round.

    ReplyDelete
  15. well done working on that quilt - it is gorgeous and will be so worth it once you get it all done.... It's funny how different techniques can be loved or not loved. Foundation is not my favourite either.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was nice having your company at FNwF. Thanks for stopping by... xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gossip is coming along so well - love the needle case too..very motivating if you are doing ti with someone.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that little needle book.......if you use the stiff batting it is a complete pain in the butt to turn thru......but looks great.......

    ReplyDelete