Sunday 17 April 2016

Friday night/weekend sewing


Well, thanks to Wendy I've finally finished one block of my Gossip in the garden quilt...yeah. I completed the the dresden plates from my last post, so it's on to the next two!

I've also been having fun with with my clam shells...I'm only one row away from having a panel of clam shells for the back of my project case (see last post).



Today I started playing around with background and applique fabrics for the front, and found some beautiful woolen felts that will be perfect for the roof... I picked these up from Hatched and Patched at the Sydney show the year before last...I knew I 'needed' them...



I can't wait to have it all ready to go...I just love the hand stitching that follows.

Thanks Wendy for the virtual sew-in. I'm off to have a look at what others have been up to.

4 comments:

  1. such lovely soft colours in your clam shells...Agree about sewing with wool - its very forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your clam shells are gorgeous. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fabrics in your clam shells...beautiful job! Thanks for dropping by to visit me also Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane, looking forward to stitching with you tonight....can you send me your email addy so I can send your gift? Thanks heaps.....sugary hugs xox :o)

    ReplyDelete