Sunday 2 June 2019

Chookshed birthday fun!

I've had a great weekend of stitiching - joining Chooky and friends for her birthday celebrations.

I started on Friday night, hand stitching in front of the fire with friends.



 This "Little Spools" project made an appearance while I was at the Scrub Stitchin' Retreat in Apil. I was lucky to be sitting with the creator/designer Carol Roberts of Cherry Pie Designs, who gave me lots of little hints. I've managed to put a few together and love sitting down with this 'no thinking' project at the end of a busy day. I was watching a pretty intense film with my daughter on
Saturday night, so I stuck to tracing and cutting in preparation for next time!




I put a quilt top together a couple of weeks ago, using flannels for a snugly, winter quilt. I'm making it for a friend who has recently moved from temperate Port Macquarie to the very chilly Canberra.!


On Saturday I prepared the quilt for quilting, and today I donned the white gloves and got to work. This is my least liked part of making a quilt so I set myself the goal of finishing the quilting and binding by the end of the weekend.

I did it!!!!
So happy to have finished - I'll embroider a message and then send it off  in the post. Now I can get back to my first love...hand stitching!!!!

Thanks Chooky, for the virtual birthday party. The photos look great. I know you girls would have laughed yourselves silly!!!

5 comments:

  1. You made very good use of the cyber party - the black & white snugly quilt will be well received...I hate the quilting bit too!

    I must start those little Spools ...one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend you had! I love the little spools and the quilt is a great finish. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the quilt finish!! Still love your spools,or are they bow ties, good to see some progress happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little spools..... Well done on getting your quilt quilted and bound it looks great...... I'm sure your friend will love it.....
    Yes lots of laughs and fun which was great.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see your little spools again Diane :-) Great work on the quilt - your friend will love it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete