Monday 21 May 2018

Friday night excitement!!!

I've been busy putting together a quilt for a new addition to the family - expected in the very near future - but he decided to make his way into the world a little earlier.

I put this disappearing nine patch quilt top together whilst at a recent retreat...

I pinched this photo from Chooky's blog!

... and when I came home I traced lots of little animals in the white patches.

I do love this elephant!


Every night I've been madly stitching in order to get the quilt finished. I'm not quite there, but not too far off either.

Didn't get much done over the weekend though - too much time travelling to Sydney to cuddle this precious bundle!!


Thanks Wendy for the virtual sew-in. I love being part of this friendly, supportive group of bloggers so appreciate all your efforts.

9 comments:

  1. wow such an adorable little man,love that he is smiling such a beautiful pic,love the quilt you are making him,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitcheries add a special touch to the quilt - enjoy finishing it off. It looks really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh congrats on the new gorgeous little bundle.... I love the quilt with the special touch of embroideries....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new arrival and what a beautiful quilt that is going to be. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute bundle as is the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh...., congratulations!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAaaaaawwwww!What a little cutie! The quilt is looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, what an adorable bundle! He's so precious. Love the idea of tracing those animals in the white spaces. That will be a truly special quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful photo of that adorable little bub! 😊😊
    Your quilt is lovely and the stitcheries will be beautiful, love the elephant.

    ReplyDelete